The desktop production line of Apple is popularly known as "Macintosh Computers" . Mac Book Pro is one of the products introduced under this label. The first generation of this computers was launched in 2006. Later, with many modifications, more products were introduced that generated a great response. MacBook Pro (Third generation) is a newly introduced desktop version in June, 2012. It replaced the earlier Power-book G4. The MacBook Pro is second in the series of collaborative launches of Apple ‒ Intel, after iMac.
Features of MacBook Pro (Third generation)
This machine has become popular due to the reinvented features. There are a lot of attractions, when it comes to the in-built characteristics and additional benefits included in this device. Following are some of them:
- Retina Display ‒ An amazing display on the available screen size is provided by the company. About five million pixels occupy the 15.4 inch screen, which gives you an extra-ordinary experience. The resolution is of 2880 by 1800 ratio, which helps for viewing accurate images. This type of display reduces minor errors from the previous models. It decreases glare and adds a superior color quality to the images. Also, the contrast is higher by around twenty nine percent. Thus, it provides a vibrant and real look to the pictures.
- All-flash facility for storage ‒ The memory in this device is stored at Flash, which gives quicker access to the saved data. Thus, a user can download Apps, navigate from different folders, start any application in a faster way. It saves energy and time of the customer ultimately. The flash storage helps to perform various tasks in a better way. Around 768GB memory storage is provided with this feature. Also, it is quite durable and effectively performing.
- Long life of battery ‒ A one-time charge provides around 7 hours battery life to the machine. The built-in battery is of 95-watt that gives 1000 full charge cycles. It provides a 30-day standby time too. With such impressive battery back-up, the user can work for a longer time on the desktop. The stand-by time allows to put your computer in a sleep mode; you can revive the normal mode again, whenever you require it.
- Intel Core i7 processor ‒ It is said to be the fastest quad-core processor available in the market. The ivy bridge processors with 22 nanometer micro-architecture provides the best performance for the computer. The speed of 2.7GHZ and turbo boost speed up to 3.7GHZ gives different dimension to each core. It supports 16GB memory to make the MacBook Pro portable.
- NVIDIA graphics ‒ The processor of the desktop has been designed in a way to support GeForce GT 650M technology. The dedicated video memory is based on the new kepler structure. The combination of all these provide a faster performance than any laptop made by the company. It gives an exceptional performance on the retina display and two external screens. Thus, the user can modify the photos or watch a HD video at fast speed and accuracy.
- Connective facilities ‒ Two thunderbolt connections have been provided with this device, which ensures a faster and effective data transfer. It is the quickest way to operate connections and ports. You can connect anything by utilizing this facility such as external displays like Apple TV, RAID arrays, FireWire adapters, video devices. The device provides an ultimate wireless technology with bluetooth 4.0 and three stream 802.11 Wi-Fi. You can stay connected with the world even by unplugging your device.
- iCloud documents ‒ It acts as a great storage for the downloaded music files, photos, updates on Calendars and more. It automatically shifts the data to other Apple devices that you use. For example, if you update the information on one device, it will be changed on all other devices. Also, it gives alternatives for creating various documents like pages, keynotes and numbers.
Operating System and Built-in Apps
The operating system for this machine is OS*Mountain Lion, which is recently launched by Apple. This has many advantages like a faster speed and amazing structural base. The built-in Apps for the MacBook Pro are iPhoto, iMovie, GarageBand, Mac App store, Safari( Browser), mail, iMessages, Calender and reminders. Each http://iupatdc5.org of these apps has its special qualities and characteristics.
Review of MacBook Pro( Third generation)
Up till now, the device has been praised for its compact size and faster operations. Also, the strong and sturdy structure, larger screen and cool look have been appreciated by the critics. The port, its connection abilities and newly added apps has also been appreciated. Overall review of the device is a mix of criticism and applaud. Many reviewers have noticed that the heat generated by the new machine is in improper amount. Also, reflections from the screen are not extra-ordinary, if compared to the predecessors. Thus, only time will decide the exact nature of this newly launched MacBook Pro (Third generation).